If you love being outside hanging out under the stars, hammock camping is a great way to do it.
With only minimal gear and just a few supplies in your car, you can set up camp wherever there’s a nice view and enjoy the comforts of home.
Here are some of our favorite places to camp in Florida for those who love the outdoors and hammock camping.
Places to hammock in the Florida Panhandle
There are many great places to hammock in the Florida Panhandle. Some of the top spots include:
1. Blue Angels State Park – This park has a great selection of hammocks, as well as an outdoor swimming pool and tennis court.
2. Boynton Beach State Park – This park has a large selection of hammocks, as well as a variety of other recreational facilities.
3. Keystone Lake State Park – This park has a large amount of open space, making it perfect for finding a spot to hang your hammock.
4. Hollywood Beach State Park – This park has several great spots for camping, including a few hammocks.
5. Fort Brooke State Park – This park has an extensive beach area that is perfect for swimming and fishing, as well as several acres of open space perfect for hanging out in your hammock.
6. Cedar Key Hammock & Nature Reserve – This reserve offers visitors the chance to stay in eco-friendly cedar key homes while exploring the nature reserve. There are several hiking trails and six campsites with hammocks available.
7. Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge – This refuge has a large variety of birds, as well as several miles of hiking trails and several hammocks available for camping.
8. Lecanto River State Park – This park offers visitors the chance to hang out in hammocks at Rainbow Bay and explore the many natural attractions that can be found there.
9. The Suwannee Wildlife Center – This center offers visitors the chance to explore several acres of tropical rainforest, with plenty of opportunities for hanging out in hammocks.
You can also see 5 Hammock San Diego Places To Visit This 2022.
1. Best Places to Hammock in South Florida
There are many great places to hammock in South Florida. Some popular options include:
1. Fort Lauderdale – There are many public areas where you can hang your hammock, including Hillel Square and along the Boardwalk.
2. Miami – Many people enjoy hanging out at Biscayne Bay Park or Miami Beach.
3. Palm Beach – Hanging out by the beaches is famous for Palm Beach residents. Try Totten Pond or Jardin Botanique.
2. Best Places to Hammock in Central Florida
There are many great places to hammock in Central Florida. Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Kennedy Space Center Launch Complex 39 viewing platform
- Lake Monroe State Park’s covered picnic area
- The vast wetland areas at the Canaveral National Seashore
3. Best Places to Hammock in Northeast Florida
Many great places to hammock in Northeast Florida, but a few stand out as favorites. The best spots include Eglin Air Force Base, White Sands National Monument, and the Marco Island Historic District.
Eglin Air Force Base is a popular spot for hammocking because of its expansive nature. There are many trails and areas for tents to set up, so you’ll be able to find a spot that’s perfect for you.
White Sands National Monument is another excellent option for hammocking because it has plenty of open space and sandy beaches. You can also watch the sunset over the Sand Sea.
Marco Island Historic District is another excellent spot for hammocking because it has several historic homes and buildings that make for great photo ops.
4. Best Places to Hammock in the Florida Keys
As it turns out, the best places to hammock are right here in the state of Florida! There are many great places to hammock on the Sunshine State. Some include:
- Hammock market in Jacksonville
- Tackle’s Hammock in Melbourne
- The Hike and sickness in Fort Pierce
5. Lovely places to Hammock in Dunedin Causeway
If you’re looking for a fantastic spot to hang a hammock in Dunedin, be sure to check out the Causeway.
This stretch of coastline is perfect for relaxing in the fresh air, with plenty of spots to find a quiet corner or enjoy some stunning sunset views.
You’ll also find several restaurants and cafes close by if you need to refresh yourself after your hammocking session.
1. Kissimmee Prairie Preserve
The Kissimmee Prairie Preserve is a nature lover’s dream. If you’re looking for a hammock park that has everything – a beautiful meadow with oak trees and cedar trees, a golf course, and a spa – this is the place for you.
The Kissimmee Prairie Preserve is located in the heart of Palm Beach County and offers stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico.
2. Ginnie Springs
The best place to hammock in Florida in 2022 is Ginnie Springs, located in Pompano Beach. With over 1 million Hammock Hammocks locations around the country, you’ll be able to find the perfect hammock for your needs.
You’ll have everything you need close to the beach – including a wide variety of hammocks for all abilities and interests.
The area has plenty of spotty road connectivity, so you can Yelers R Us, which is to say, go to several stores and convenience stores along the beach.