PUBG Mobile India Series(PMIS) is PUBG Mobile’s official tournament by Tencent Gaming which was first established in 2019 with a massive prize pool of 1 crore. The first edition of the tournament was a big hit in India. PUBG Mobile has brought the next season of this event called PUBG Mobile India Series 2020.
1. Format Of PMIS 2020
In-Game Qualifiers- The In-game qualifiers of PMIS 2020 will have all the registered players competing to qualify to the next stage of the event and will go on for 5 days starting from 20th May to 24th May.
Players will have to play 10 – 15 matches inside the classic mode of PUBG Mobile. At the end of five days, the top 10 matches with the highest points will be considered for the next stage which is the Online Qualifiers.
Online Qualifiers- The online qualifiers of PMIS 2020 will feature a total of 256 teams. The qualified teams will get an invite link to the community where the Lobby ID and password will be shared.
The 256 teams will be divided into 16 groups with 16 teams each. Each group will play two games each where the top 3 teams of each group will be qualified for the quarter finals event. In addition to the 48 selected teams, 8 more teams with the highest number of kills will be qualified to the next round.
Quarter-Finals- 56 teams qualified from the online qualifiers and 8 pro teams directly invited to the event. These 64 teams will be divided into 4 groups of 16 teams each.
Groups will play 6 games each while the 8 best teams from each group will move to the semi finals. A total of 32 teams will make it to the next round of the event.
Semi-Finals- These 32 selected teams will be divided into 4 groups of 8 teams each. 16 best teams from this round will proceed to the grand finals.
Finals- PMIS 2020 Grand Finals will feature 16 teams playing 18 matches in 3 days. The team with the highest cumulative score in the final standings will be the winner of PMIS 2020.
2. Schedule Of PMIS 2020
Though the proper schedule has not revealed, there is a certain chance that the schedule will be the same as the last year. In the last year, this biggest tournament started with a qualifier round through online mode for one week for to pick up the top 2000 teams. The second playoff round lasted for 2 weeks through online mode.
This online playoff played with a total set of three rounds to pick the top 20 teams for the Grand Finale. Though the current situation of India is not well due to Covid-19 (corona virus), but it will go away soon.
Due to this reason, the competition of this tournament will be held through online LAN like the previous year. However, this news has not confirmed yet by the organizers.
3. Prize Pool Of PMIS 2020
Not only that, but there are some other prizes also for the teams or players with some exceptional achievement. They are as follows –
- A prize of Rs. 50,000 for THE CHOSEN ONE (MVP).
- A prize of Rs. 50,000 for THE ANNIHILATOR (A player who deals maximum damage).
- A prize of Rs. 50,000 for THE WANDER (A player who travels the most on foot).
- A prize of Rs. 50,000 for HEADSHOT EXPERT (A player who gets more kills by headshots).
- A prize of Rs. 1,00,000 for PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD (A squad or team that achieve more popularity among others).
- A prize of Rs. 1,00,000 for THE GRENADIERS (A squad or team who get more kills by grenades).
- A prize of Rs. 1,00,000 for THE EXTERMINATORS (A squad or team who get most kills).
4. CODE OF CONDUCT
- Teams must wear their official uniform during all public-facing tournament. (including LAN and online events that stream)
- All teams must play competitive integrity, and any form of collusion is prohibited.
- Cheating, Exploiting, hateful speech, gambling and match-fixing can lead to sanctions ranging from warnings to suspension and bans.