Everyone who owns a WordPress site wants to make their website upscale in the heavy traffic. We want a quick response, assuming we are waiting in the queue. Simultaneously, slow loading sites impacts adversely also you aren’t able to turn potential leads into customers.
We should make sure to prevent website design as slow and lethargic as traffic tires. There are the tips we will discuss to increase visitor enthusiasm high and to handle a large increase in traffic. Here are the numerous methods to do this, keeping concerns for better user experience, security tightening, and better performance of the overall site.
- Use your plan which has a vertical scaling- when it comes to web servers, Vertical scaling usually refers to hosting providers that offer tier plans that customers can simply change as needed. Vertical scaling is great when traffic grows, and you need more access to the server.
- Use your plan which has horizontal scaling- If your website has huge trafficking which is uncontrollable, then your plan should have horizontal scaling. It is classified into separate layers such as the image layer, proxy layer, database server, and front-end server.
- SSDs Drives- Choose your hosting plan wisely. SSDs or Solid State Drives are successful in keeping strong eye on monitoring, security, and performance of WordPress site stay. In the focal point, SSDs are faster to load websites.
- Use suitable images- It is a fact that heavy images are one reason that slows down websites in loading. Compress pictures while maintaining their quality. You can use Photoshop, plug-ins of WordPress. Correct image size will lessen the load time.
- Review Platforms Versions- It is important to keep platforms up-to-date. Whether it is MySQL, PHP, Linux, apache or WordPress software. Make sure it is compatible with the latest advanced versions for each.
- Caching is key- This is the key driver to scale the website to hold more traffic. WP Super Cache is a great option for constructing an HTML file for every post and page. These HTML files serves each time despite creating queries for the database.
- Optimize your database- While with a caching plugin, database optimization can also be done. Several plug-ins can be installed to retain and optimize the WordPress database such as WP-DBManager and Yoast Optim DB
- Content optimization- Content is the factor in successfully achieving potential leads. Create content that is free of errors and grammatical mistakes.
- Amp up Hosting Security- Security also plays a vital role when a WordPress site has to scale because more traffic means more potential threats for you. For security lockdown, you can include server-side CDN, Firewall, Security monitoring, and management especially DDoS.
- Use CDN for websites with heavy traffic- Content delivery network helps protect the server from being congested and to perform better. This reduces the distance between server and browser to make files close to you which stores in CDN servers.
- Increase Your Hosting Security- Use the WordPress security checklist to boost security and the ultimate WordPress security guide will certify that you have covered all your essentials, such as implementing antivirus on your network, removing admin usernames, changing wp-admin, and more.
- Payment gateways- It is understood more traffic means more money you can earn use reliable payment gateways if you want to scale up the website when traffic soars. It is essential that your WordPress site is kept updated during traffic pitches and to protect itself from vulnerabilities.
- Set up optimization and caching plug-in- While caching plug-ins help reduce loading time in traffic surges, optimization will improve this by leaps and bounds. Caching and file optimization plugins like Hummingbird can easily cover these tasks for you.
- Back up plug-ins- This is essential for the website, even if you have several security measures to maintain the website and boost performance, some crashes can still occur. Using the backup plug-in is a quick and easy way to restore it; Snapshot Pro is a great option.
- Fix and repair any broken links in the website- It is a fact broken ruins damage your SEO as well as destroy the entire visitor experience. Make sure that there is no broken link for the good of the website.
- Essential media- It can be attractive to visitors on your website to add appealing media from videos to images to keep them hooked. However, visual content takes too long to load. In order to maintain the ideal website performance, you can place the media that requires on the site.
- Get Managed WordPress Hosting- There are a lot of tasks for scaling resources and managing server configurations which seems overloaded. Managed WordPress hosting reduces the pressure of a website, and also maintains security and performance.
- Compress and combine CSS and JS files- It is significant improvement for your website to compress JS and CSS files. This will minimize the page size which will shorten the site loading time.
- Automated website scanning and reporting- Automated website scanning and reporting are just because it is easy to monitor security, performance, and SEO while reporting any significant changes in real-time.
- Limit MySQL- Even though you can store loads of data in MySQL, you have to be very watchful about how you do this because exceeding its limit can concession the speed. Thus, you have to put a limit on MySQL.
These are the abundant options for Website design services that are adaptable and appropriate for dealing with huge traffic.