When we talk about the CPU temperature, it plays an important function in the performance of the CPU, and If you are a game lover, you should have to know about the optimal temperature while playing the game.
If you don’t know, then it will harm your device sometimes very badly. So, in this article, we will elaborate you briefly about the CPU temperature while playing the game and different other parameters as well, so let’s fasten your seat belt and learn with us:
As we know that computer has become a part of our daily life, we can perform everything through this. Still, after the tiredness of all the day, one has a mind to play the game, but what happens if you play a game and your computer shuts down due to temperature? It will surely disappoint you.
What is the Optimal CPU and GPU temperature For Gaming?
1. CPU Optimal Temperature:
We know that different companies make you, and it isn’t easy to analyze the fixed rate of optimal temperature, but we can plot a range for ease to understand, which helps us pretty well. Like other machines, a computer is also a machine, and it works better in cool/low temperatures.
The excellent environment that helps you check your CPU’s accurate temperature is room temperature; idle CPU temperature varies from 28 to 38-degree Celsius; if the temperature exceeds ten points, it won’t make a big difference. But if the temperature becomes 80 Celsius, then your machine will not work properly.
2. GPU Optimal Temperature:
When we talk about the GPU, it stands for the Graphics processing unit. Its work is to provide you with the images to display the games and videos. In addition to the CPU temperature, the users also have to look at the GPU temperature.
Worldwide, two multinational companies (Nvidia & AMD) manufacture the GPU with varying scales temperature. When we talk about the normal GPU temperature for gaming, it lies between 65 to 73 degrees Celsius. You have to note down a point that GPU’s temperature varies with the resolution of the game.
If you play high-resolution games, the temperature may rise to a great extent and vice versa. GPU temperature lies in the range mentioned earlier in your play game for five to six hours, but the temperature will decrease in the European countries where the temperature is pretty cold.
Generally speaking, the temperature goes high due to different tasks running like applications, games, and another task.
In gaming, the optimal temperature varies from 70 to 80 degree Celsius. If the mentioned limit exceeds, then your computer will not work efficiently and ultimately will shut down. Some CPU has the maximum range limit of 110 degrees Celsius, and this feature is present in the CPU versions like AMD Ryzon; it could be a protective feature, when it feels the temperature exceeds the normal limits, it will shut down your CPU to save from the risk of damage.
To increase your CPU’s lifespan, you should track the temperature of your CPU while performing different tasks like coding, editing, gaming, etc.
How to Optimize Your GPU Temperature?
If your GPU is giving you temperatures above these, then you should do the following listed tweaks.
- Clean the GPU fan and heatsink ( This looks very simple and easy but is a very effective tweak, sometimes only cleaning your GPU and making it dust-free can help in reducing the temperatures.)
- Change your System Case ( Sometimes your case can be the major reason for high temperatures of your CPU and as well as GPU, a narrow place ultimately leads to limited airflow thus adding some extent of degrees in your temperatures. If you want to choose between the best case for your System then you can check our post on the Best CPU cases available in the market) (Please add a reference to any of your posts)
- Use GPU utilities ( You can use software for GPU like MSI Afterburner and can increase the speed of your fans. This will help you a lot in keeping your GPU cool and many users have experienced low temps after this tweak.
- Avoid Overclocking (Overclocking is one of the biggest reasons for high GPU temperatures, You can simply override this by reverting the settings to the original. Although GPU Overclocking helps in increased performance but is not recommended by any Vendor.
- Use Thermal paste (Getting your thermal paste changed can help you fix this issue. The thermal paste gets old as time passes by and it is better to get it changed. You should not try this by yourself and we recommend that you should visit an experienced person to get your job done.
How To Monitor CPU & GPU Temperature
In the end, now let’s discuss some of the software’s which you may use to monitor the temperature of your CPU and GPU:
1. Using Bios
Here is the most easy means to acquire the real temps of your CPU before wasting some time on downloading third-party software is via entering your motherboard bios. If you do not know how to enter the bios then do not worry We’ll inform you how you can get them
- Restart your system
- Press the DEL key or F10 in some systems to access your Bios.
2. Using GPU/CPU Software
This is the most detailed way of obtaining the actual results. You can simply download the Utilities provided by the vendor to check your temps.
AMD users can use the Ryzen Master Utility to get a detailed overview of their CPU temps and for the GPU’s they can get the information from the AMD control center.
For Intel CPU holders, Intel has provided the Intel Extreme tuning Utility for its users to get every required information of their CPU including the temps as well. For now, NVIDIA does not have any particular software for its users which can help to monitor their GPU information but don’t worry you can always use third-party software to get results.
Some of the important platforms are given below:
It provides you with the real-time checking of the temperature of the CPU, fan monitoring, and clock speed of the CPU. It is free to operate, and it will help you brilliantly while monitoring the temperature.
2. Speed Fan
You have manual control on your system’s fan through this remarkable software to keep the temperature in the normal range. It helps keep the temperature in a low-level range while playing the game, as you don’t feel any distraction.
3. HW Monitor
It is one of the most highly recommended monitors that control all the ranges of temperature to help your PC perform well, and it has fan speed control.
- Of the most popular CPU monitoring tools, the HWMonitor is recommended for gaming PCs. It can monitor the minimum and maximum temps of the CPU plus its value in real-time.
- The app can keep track of fan speed, the use of other hardware parts, and temperature. It can also do assess measurements for other factors like clock speeds.
- Functions might be a tad overwhelming for casual users, but if you’re only after the CPU part, you can simply collapse irrelevant categories so you won’t have to deal with the other columns.
It is a bit difficult to operate for beginners as compared to the formers. But eventually, it is a complete package and free to use.
How to Keep your CPU Cool?
Here are some ways to keep your CPU cool and obtain optimal temperatures.
- Clean out your Fans (Having dusty fans can be a major reason for the high temperatures and to overtake it, you can simply clean your fan on a weekly or monthly basis to have a dust-free CPU fan.
- Install a new CPU Fan ( Your old fan can give your CPU a hard time in maintaining the temperatures and you would also not like it if your CPU gets wrecked just because of the fans. If you are looking for the best fans available for CPU in the market, you can check our post on that also.) (Please add a reference to any of your posts if you have)
- Install a water cooling kit (If all the above ways do not help you to keep your CPU cool then you should install a water cooling kit on your CPU. Water cooling will help you more than any CPU cooler and are also relatively affordable.
Cooling solutions for PC and Laptop:
So, here we will discuss some of the most important aspects/ways to cool your PC and Laptop.
- You have to keep your PC and Laptop away from direct sunlight sources like windows.
- You can add a memory cooling fan to low down your system temperature.
- Place your PC/Laptop near the exhaust fan as it will blow the hot air outside.
- You have to upgrade and clean your fans.
- A water cooler kit also helps to reduce the temperature.