What gaming fan wouldn’t want to keep their most memorable memories, especially if they just beat a boss in Elden Ring or won a Warzone game?
Taking images on the PS4 is easy, but recording PS4 gameplay for YouTube may be more difficult. However, it is simpler than you may imagine. This post will show you how to record PS4 gameplay for YouTube.
How Can I Record PS4 Gameplay Without A Capture Card For YouTube?
To record PS4 gameplay without a capture card, use the PlayStation 4’s built-in “Share” gameplay recording option.
This method provides an excellent way for new YouTubers to record PS4 and PS4 Pro games.
- Reach a point in the game where you want to start recording.
- Pressing the “Share” button on your PS4 controller will bring up a menu with various sharing options available to you.
- Here, you have the option of broadcasting or simply recording your gameplay.
- The PlayStation4 records continuously in 15-minute loops, so when pressing the ‘Share’ button you can include past footage up to that length.
- After your gameplay is complete, simply press the ‘Share’ button again to save and upload your recorded gameplay on a USB drive or upload it to Facebook, Twitch, or YouTube.
To use the ‘Share Play’ option to share your recorded gameplay footage, you must purchase a PlayStation Plus membership.
Therefore, this approach is not free.
- On the PS4 Pro, you are limited to 1080p30, and on PS4 records, 720p30.
- More than 60 minutes of recording time is prohibited.
Capture PS4 Game Action With A Capture Card
For the preparation work, you’ll need a capture device such as an Elgato, AverMedia, or a similar kind, as well as two HDMI cables and a USB 3.0 cable.
In addition, an HDCP splitter is necessary to record copyrighted information. The free and open-source OBS can now be used to show PS4 content on your PC.
Follow These Steps:
- If you don’t have an HDCP splitter, immediately switch off HDCP. Uncheck the Enable HDCP box under Settings > System.
- Utilize an HDMI cable to link your PS4 to the capture device’s HDMI IN jack.
- Utilize an HDMI cable to connect your display to the capture card’s HDMI OUT connector.
- Utilize a USB 3.0 cable to connect the capture card to your laptop or PC.
- Start OBS on your PC and turn on your PS4 console.
- Go to the Source area > Plus icon > Video Capture Device > OK to display your PS4 in OBS.
- Go to the Source area > Plus icon > Audio Input Capture > Select the audio device of the capture device to enable PS4 sound. As a result, OBS will identify the audio device to capture internal sound and will use Elgato to record game audio.
- Play as usual after clicking Start Recording. Press the Stop Recording button after the recording is finished.
What Exactly Is A Capture Card?
A screen capture card is a component of hardware that takes video data from an HDMI output and converts it into a format that streaming services such as Twitch and YouTube can comprehend.
A capture card is necessary to record the screen on a device such as the PS4, Xbox One S, Nintendo Switch, and so on.
A capture card is a little device with a strong punch. Enable native resolution streaming and recording on your console.
Capture PS4 Gameplay With VideoProc Converter
1. Connect Your PC, PlayStation 4, And Capture Card
Connect the PS4 to the capture card via an HDMI cable, then connect your display via another HDMI wire, and then connect both to your PC with a USB cable – thus your PS4 home screen appears on your monitor!
2. Set The Audio Source, Recording Area, Recording Format, Etc.
You can download and install VideoProc Converter from its official website. Once installed, run it. Access the Recorder menu from your home screen. Choose “Screen”, “Webcam”, or “Screen & Webcam” as the recording mode.
Although MP4 is the default recording format for VideoProc Converter, you can change it under Settings > Recorder > Recording Format. VideoProc Converter now supports the following recording formats: MP4, MKV, MOV, FLV, and TS.
3. Start Capturing And Saving It Now
Start recording by pressing REC, then stop when finished by clicking STOP. Your recordings will appear in a list on the right-side interface; to locate them in their output folder click on its icon.
4. Edit And Publish The Recorded Materials
To load your recording, navigate to the Video menu on the home screen and select the +Video option. Choose MP4 from Target Format > YouTube Video.
You can trim the video, apply effects, modify the audio level and playback speed, and do other things by clicking the gear icon labeled Option and then selecting the Edit Video option.
After you’ve finished editing, click Done to save the changes. Following that, click RUN to immediately output your gaming video using GPU acceleration.
Read Also: PS4 Controller Yellow Light
Q.1 Does the PS4 automatically record gameplay?
The PS4 will automatically record gameplay to video. If you just press the Share button on your controller and select Video Clip, the most recent 15 minutes of a gameplay clip will be retrieved from the PS4’s video cache.
Q.2 Can I edit gameplay videos recorded on PS4?
Yes, you may change the video and learn how to clip on the PS4 via the Settings menu. Currently, you can edit videos by setting a start and stop point.
If you use Joyoshare VidiKit, you can easily specify the pointer and other screen elements while recording the video screen. In addition to capturing videos, you may take screenshots.
Q.3 How much time can I record on a PS4?
Your choices affect the length of your PS4 recordings. You can access Settings by hitting the SHARE button once, then navigating to Sharing and Broadcasts – Video Clip Settings – Video Clip Length. You can now select a recording duration of 30 to 60 minutes.